Monday, January 21, 2008

If Obama Doesn't Get the Nomination....

One of my sisters asked me:

If Obama does not win the Democratic Nomination heading into the General Election, who do you plan to vote for?

My response:

If Obama doesn't get the nomination I AIN'T VOTING. The BEST AND MOST PROGRESSIVE candidate in this entire race as I said from the beginning was and is JOHN EDWARDS but he never had a SNOWBALL'S CHANCE IN HELL OF WINNING EITHER THE NOMINATION OR THE GENERAL ELECTION because this country is TOO DAMN CONSERVATIVE to elect him.. Which is primarily why I endorsed Obama as a viable alternative since he and Hillary have--at the end of the day--virtually the same politics. But because Obama was young, independent, and black I thought he deserved a shot to see if he could and would stand up to the Republican Party and FIGHT for his agenda--NO MATTER WHAT. I was never naive enough to think however that Obama or ANYONE ELSE could possibly do it without a large, supportive MASS base behind him DEMANDING political change. My problem with Hillary has always been that I NO LONGER TRUST HER (and Bill) TO IDEOLOGICALLY AND POLITICALLY STAND UP TO AND FIGHT the Republicans (who are going to--as always--viciously ATTACK ANYONE the Democrats choose)...

In any event I'm personally gonna stand on principle and simply REFUSE to vote for the "lesser of two evils" in the general election. That loser's strategy hasn't worked for 40 years so there ain't no sense in beating that "dead horse" any longer. Of course, Hillary would be "better" than ANY Republican candidate (for what that's worth) but I AIN'T VOTING FOR HER which means I wouldn't vote at all if she is the Democratic nominee. The Clintons HAD THEIR CHANCE from 1992-2000. It'stime for fresh blood...

Kofi